Experiencing headache, cold, nausea, vomiting and sweaty hands. What am I suffering from?

Hi there.

For the past week or so I've been experiencing cold, sweaty hands on a regular basis. I also have a general feeling of lethargy, not being able to concentrate and, from time-to-time, waves of minor nausea without actually vomiting. My legs and hands are also feeling quite shaky, and this gets better and worse as the day goes on. I've also had a couple of quite uncomfortable headaches.

I don't think I have a temperature/fever or anything like that, so I guess that rules out it being some sort of virus? I am under quite a lot of stress at the moment at work, with a relationship and having to move house, so was wondering if there could be any connection with any of these?

I've never really had symptoms like this before so I would appreciate any guidance you could offer.

Many thanks.
Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

This could be related to anxiety associated with stress. Anxiety associated conditions can result in sweaty hands, palpitation, feeling of lethargy, inability to concentrate etc.

Your doctor after complete physical examination will rule out other physical conditions that cause similar symptoms and investigate further (including a thyroid analysis) to rule out other diagnosis.

I also advise you to follow the undermentioned life style changes.....

1. Meditation, yoga, breathing exercises, etc will help.
2. Go for a walk. Recreational exercises will be of use.
3. Do not take the whole problem on yourself. After doing your part leave it to God.
4. Some times slowing down in life helps. Play with kids.
5. Do not try to be the best always.
6. You can find thousands of websites with literature on time management. It is important.
7. Listen to music, do some gardening work...
8. Prey God.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other concerns.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics