Experiencing hair fall. How to get rid of this problem?

Hi ,
Sir/ Ma'am

I am experiencing hairfall from about 2 to 3 yrs and I almost lost quite a bit of hair in front parts two sides of fore head and a little bit in crown area. Please help me how to stop this hairfall. Few days backs I have bought regaine foam and alpecin shampoo as per my friends suggestion and I don't have any health related issues . And my father has same problem with hair and baldness so I think it might be hereditary problem, could you please suggest me any tips that I totally get out of this problem because I'm not even in financial stage to spend big amounts as good earners do and I want ask whether it is possible to stop baldness with this creams, oils and good food at this stage as I am 26 yrs old and I think I lost about 30% of the hair compare to regular person .
Posted Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 3 hours later
From your description of your hair loss pattern, it does sound like you're dealing with androgenetic hair loss, which is also known as "male pattern baldness XXXXXXX As you mentioned, this condition is hereditary. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done to reverse this problem.
Only two medications have been clinically proven to slow or reverse hair loss in men with androgenetic hair loss: minoxidil (the ingredient in Regaine) and finasteride (Propecia). Topical caffeine (the ingredient in Alpecin) has not been proven effective for any form of hair loss. Studies have shown that caffeine stimulates hair follicles when it is directly applied to the roots of the hairs, but this same effect has not been demonstrated when caffeine is applied to the skin overlying the follicles. However, since it isn't clear whether long-term use of topical caffeine will help with hair loss, it's certainly reasonable to continue using Alpecin.
No other medication, supplement, lotion, cream, shampoo, or mechanical treatment has yet been shown effective for regrowing hair in men with androgenetic hair loss. If you don't see any good results after using Regaine and Alpecin for 4 to 5 months, see a doctor to discuss getting on Propecia, which is an oral medication.
I hope that answers your question. I'll be available if you have additional concerns.
Follow-up: Experiencing hair fall. How to get rid of this problem? 14 hours later
Hi sir,
I have gone through your answer it is helpfull . But I heard that hair transplantation can totally cover bald and give new original look how much does it cost me and do you really think it is good idea to do. If so which centre would you suggest .
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 1 hour later

Hair transplants can be very useful for people who have lost their hair. However, most experts recommend against getting transplants until you're at least 30 years old. Getting transplants too early -- before it's clear how much hair you will eventually lose -- could leave you with unsightly bald patches surrounded by transplanted areas (for example, you could end up with hairy temples and a bald forehead, which is very unsightly).

As for which center you should use, I have no specific recommendations. Take some time to compare centers: cost information is usually available, and each center should be able to furnish a list of clients who are willing to share their experiences and show you their results. Some centers, such as Bosley, allow you to pay installments over time.

I hope that helps, and good luck!