Experiencing groin pain radiating to femoral artery. No hernia. Had hysterectomy with vasopastic angina

Dec 2012

I have experience unexplained right sided groin pain for over six months. The pain radiates down the femoral artery. No hernia detected. I'm female, status post hysterectomy 2002, with Vasospastic Angina and possible porphria and vasculitis. Looking for an explanation for the pain and possible treatment. I do not tolerate medications well.
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Hello Hann,

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am Dr. Nsah and I am pleased to be able to assist you.

Well looking through your description especially the location of the groin pain, it will be wise to start by letting you know the most likely possible causes of right-sided groin pain
- enlarged lymph nodes: which is ruled out because of absence of palpable mass
- Inflammation of the large or small bowel: Now we could be thinking of colitis, appendicitis, diverticulitis etc. Your will need to see a gastroenterologist who can run some tests, do an abdominal scan and if bowel problem discovered then treatment could follow
- Muscle strain: Is the most likely cause given your age and the fact that hernia was already ruled out. If this is so, you will simply require some antiinflammatory both orally and locally with physical therapy to help improve movements. An orthopedic surgeon could be of better help.
- UTI: very possible. You will need urinalysis to confirm this
- chronic Pelvic inflammatory diseases: you will need to consult a gynobs or your primary care doctor to run some tests, pelvic scan etc
- vasculitis: with a history of vasculitis, that will also be a possible cause that will require being looked upon with a doppler ultrasound or MRI or CT scan.

So you see from my above description that based only on your description of symptom, no specific cause can determined without going through all of the above to confirm which one is causing you the pain.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah