Experiencing giddiness and started perspiring. What test and medication is required?

Cardiologist, Interventional
my age is 57 year male today I experience giddiness and started perspiring hence I went to the doctor and my pressure was 160/100 should I go for further test or medication will do?
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 hours later

You should undergo tests. Initially get echocardiography of your heart and ECG (Electrocardiogram) done. If they turn out to be normal then need to undergo TMT after control of BP (Blood Pressure).

If there are any abnormalities in any of these tests the cardiologist will direct you regarding what needs to be done next.

Yes, considering your BP level you do need to start your BP medicines. I understand that you have been started on Amlip-5 mg. Please continue the same.

If need be you may please get back in touch with me after the tests are done.

Regards and wishing you quick recovery.