Experiencing frequent urination and pressure in abdomen. Waiting for periods. Should I be worried?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hello, I am experiencing frequent urination and a slight feeling of pressure in my abdomen. I am 35 year old female and not pregnant, but I expect my period within the next week or so. I have no pain or stinging, but the frequency of trips to the bathroom is making me concerned. No other symptoms but these. I do drink a lot of water through the day but have never experienced this feeling before. If it doesn't go away, I will see my OB/GYN next week. Please advise if I should be worried. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 13 minutes later
Hello
The symptoms could be due to premenstrual syndrome, but if you do not routinely have it , it is less likely.
It could be the beginning of a Sometimes, holding urine for too long, particularly as you do take a lot of water through the day, can lead to such pressure sensation.
In the absence of fever or major discomfort, you need not worry right away.
I would ask you to wait and watch for a few days , continue taking lots of fluids, and if the pain or frequency increases, see your gynecologist, and definitely take a urine routine microscopy and culture test.
All the best.

Follow-up: Experiencing frequent urination and pressure in abdomen. Waiting for periods. Should I be worried? 9 minutes later
Thank you very much!

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Good day !