Experiencing fluctuation in periods. What could be wrong?
User rating for this question
My period started on the 14th ended the 19th its the 25 the period is back what could be wrong?
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Clinical evaluation by Dr and ultrasound Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for your query, It s not unusual at this age to experience fluctuations in periods as such. However, it is important to get a proper clinical evaluation. Most of the time, there is no actual illness that is found after serious investigations. This is generally called dysfunctional uterine bleeding, arising mainly due to some abnormalities in hormonal secretion. It is however important to know whether you are on any hormonal contraceptives or not, or if you have changed drugs recently or not. If this is the first time you are experiencing, it might be necessary to observe. IN case it is repeating, it might be necessary to get a complete physical evaluation and an abdominal ultrasound to ensure that there is no serious problem in the ovaries and in the uterus (womb). This shall set the stage for a diagnosis is dysfunctional uterine bleeding, easily managed with hormonal therapy. A physical exam and ultrasound are requirements for this diagnosis to be made. Treatment is easy and effective with hormonal therapy. However, I do recommend you get examined by a doctor and also get a possible ultrasound done. In case you have follow up questions, do not hesitate asking. I shall be more than grateful making positive contributions to your health. Thanks and kind regards. DR Rogers
People also viewed
- Hard bump behind left ear
- Haemangioma in leg during pregnancy
- Missed period what else could be wrong
- Experiencing fluctuation in periods what could be wrong
- Use of benq10 tablet
- Experiencing palpitations before periods what could be the cause
- Use of tab roliflo
- Growth on neck of new born baby
- Getting periodic symptoms but missing period whats wrong
- What could possibly be wrong of long period
- Hand tremors adrenal insufficiency
- What is the strength of trapic tablet
- What is the weight gain when taking progyluton?
- Macalvit 500 vit d3 tablet use for
- Hand tremors and leg pain