Experiencing flatulence, bloating, and sweet-smelling stools. What could be the cause? Cure?

I am a 43 year old female who has been experiencing excessive flatulence, bloating, and sweet-smelling stools in the last several months. I eat mostly fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I have cut back on dairy and eat meat infrequently. I notice that nuts and seeds and berries seem to exacerbate this, but other times I am unable to pinpoint the offending food. What could be the problem? I have never had digestive issues before.
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 1 hour later
Thank you for the query.
Likely excess flatulence is because of excess fiber intake in food, too much of fruits and only vegetable in diet can cause excess gas production, bloating and thus flatulence. Try cutting down on these and may help. Drink plenty of water, go for regular walks in addition will help.
Do not worry.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.