Experiencing few episodes of presyncope. Sudden cold in arms and hand and pressure in throat. Done with ECG. Suggest treatment?

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
I am 36 year old and I am experiencing few episodes of pre syncope. Actually since I can detect the symptoms before are coming I manage not to faint. In my case it happens often when I am seated in my car, or at a restaurant table or laying in my bed. It starts with feeling of warm and suddenly cold in my arms and hands, then a pressure in my throat. And numbness in my neck and shoulders. Accelerated heart beat and sweating. If I get up I can manage this situation and recover. I have been at the hospital two days to undergo many exams, MRI of my brain, EKG, ECG, ultrasound of my heart. It was found only a mild mitral valve prolapse, trace tr and did a stress test and it was ok. At that time (last week) my pressure was a bit high 150/90, and heart beat also 100/120. Then the cardiologist gave me a beta blocker Nebilet 5 mg, now my heart rate is in the 70/80 I feel less anxious but I still have these episodes. I suspect it is vasova! gal response. Please help.
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be severe form cervical spondylosis

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.

It suggests that you are suffering from cervical spondylosis with nerve compression.

It may be the severe form of the disease.

To reach the near diagnosis and exclusion of the other disease, you may go for the MRI scan of the cervical spine and blood sugar level as early as possible and also consult the neurologist.

Use cervical collar and prevent movement of neck strictly.

If you have any doubt,I will be available for your query.

Follow-up: Experiencing few episodes of presyncope. Sudden cold in arms and hand and pressure in throat. Done with ECG. Suggest treatment? 1 hour later
Hello, thanks for reply. Actually one or two days before the first episode i had a very bad pain in my neck on the left hand side. But in hospital they did a MRI of my head and neck, so they said, but without contrast, and they said it was ok. Maybe i can ask the hospital to give me a copy of my MRI and show it to you? I also have a feeling to have a pinched nerve, maybe vagus nerve. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Send the copy of contrast MRI

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir
I have gone through your follow up query.
If you are feeling to have pinched nerve then better to go the contrast MRI and send the copy of this MRI and also consult with better radiologist.
Because my opinion is going towards cervical spondylosis with nerve compression. It may be the vagus nerve or other cervical nerve. To get a clear cut diagnosis or near diagnosis contrast MRI is highly recommended.

Again if you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Wish you good health