Experiencing fatigue in lower leg. Could it be due to bad circulation in leg?

Hello there,
i am 72 years of age and have been experiencing fatigue in the lower legs. I do a 30 min. cardio session on a
stationery bike 5 days a week amoungst other gym exercises and some days i feel completely worn out. I recently had blood samples taken as i do every year and nothing was highlighted as being unusual. I was wondering if it could be bad circulation in my legs as i have signs of veins around the ankle areas.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It is great to know that you are so fit exercising daily with normal lab tests at an age of 72 years !! Congratulations !!

I read that you have (? Dilated, enlarged) veins around the ankle and leg fatigue.

If dilated tortuous veins are present in the leg, they could be varicose veins and can cause venous insufficiency and cause leg pains on walking.

If veins are not enlarged, there could be arterial insufficiency in smaller vessels.( bad circulation as you suspect).

Are there tiny reddish bluish vessels prominent?
Is there pain on walking some distance or exercising?
Do you get relief from aches on lying down for some time?
Is there any discoloration around the ankle?
Is the ankle swollen? Is it on both the legs?
Do you have any tingling/ numbness in the legs?

Can you send me a good photo of the veins around the ankle? It makes diagnosis easy.

It would greatly help if you could upload all the above requested info as well as test reports, images, here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / photos to
with subject as- 'Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole'

I would be able to answer more specifically once I get the details.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!