Experiencing fatigue and tiredness after electric shock. Normal?

Is fatigue and tiredness for over a week after an electric shock normal?
My son was electrocuted at work last Monday. (He is an electrician)! He is extremely tired and lethargic. Head aches. He has had his blood pressure taken and heart checked within an hour, and Doctors have said no problems here.
Is there anything he can do to help his body get over this?
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 46 minutes later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX

Fatigue is very common after electrocution, because of forcible muscle contractions during electric flow through our body muscles go into fatigue.

If his ECG and cardiac rhythms are normal, then there is nothing to worry much. Give him plenty of oral fluids mainly fruit juices,oral glucose and proper rest.

Hope I have cleared your doubt, If you want any further information let me know.