Experiencing extreme fatigue. Sleep for more hours yet not feeling refreshed. Need advise?

Excellent

Question
I am experiencing extreme fatigue since the last few days/weeks . I am sleeping for more than 10 hours, yet , dont wake up refreshed. this is effecting my work and other activities. a few years back when I had experienced the same, I was advised some tablets. Not sure of the name now.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
most likely problem is depression

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The symptoms of excessive sleep or very decreased sleep along with feeling of fatigue are quite suggestive of presence of depression.
Probably you took antidepressants medicines.
There may be other symproms associated like sadness, lack of sexual drive, lack of appetite, not willing for work etc.
The depression begets the depression.
Another similar disease is called the Chronic fatigue syndrome.
Both the disorders are treated with antidepressants+multivitamin and antioxidants should should be taken in addition to boost the XXXXXXX strength.
You need to consult a local physician who will judge on the suitable regimen and dose for you.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Experiencing extreme fatigue. Sleep for more hours yet not feeling refreshed. Need advise? 41 minutes later
Thanks for the reply doctor.

Although, what you did mention about depression could be true, I do not want to visit a doctor just yet, as the 'depression' symptoms are not very severe.

It was most likely
anti oxidants or multi vitamins which I took long back. Are these available across the counter? If yes , would you reccomend it?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regular life, exercises and OTC supplements advisd

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back to healthcare Magic!
Depression should be treated even if mild for the apparent reason mentioned earlier.
If you do not want to take prescribed treatment then you can try first a regular life style and try to do physical work outs sometimes in the day. A jogging or walking for half an hour each day is a good stress buster.
i recommend the multivitamins and antioxidant combinations like AtoZ or Supradyn etc. which are available OTC in many countries.
Take Care!