Experiencing excessive vaginal lubrication, had a partial hysterectomy. How can it be reduced ?

For the last several year I have been experiencing excessive vaginal lubrication. I have a had a partial hysterectomy and was left with only my ovaries. I can't imagine what is causing this constant lubrication---it makes sex very unsatisfying and embarrassing. There is total loss of sensation for me as well as for my husband. It is really affecting our marriage. I do not have any STD's or infections, my OBGYN has checked. His advice is keep a towel handy and a fan strategically placed--this is really limiting and distracting. Could it be from an overactive Bartholins gland? If so, would botox injections help? What could it be and what will help?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 15 hours later

Hysterectomy is removal of uterus, in some cases mouth of the uterus is left also termed as subtotal hysterectomy.

When mouth of the uterus is left i.e. cervix, secretions from the cervix can come. Overactive bartholin's gland is difficult to comment upon without examining.

Make sure that secretions are from vaginal area and not urine which might be dribbling.

After consultation with your local doctor, give sample of secretion for lab analysis, just to know what it is?

Hope, this answers your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.