Experiencing erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Looking for remedy

I am 62 yrs of age I am now experiencing some sexual problems like weak erection and qiuck ejactulation what could be the problem and the remedy
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 14 minutes later
The commonest cause of a weak erection is advancing age. At 62 years of age, your erections are probably not going to be as good as they were 30-40 years ago. If you have the intention to have intercourse, i.e.if libido is good, it is highly likely that your testosterone levels are normal. You are likely to respond to drugs belonging to a group known as Phosphodiesterase inhibitors, the most famous of which is Viagra.
However, before you start using these medications,you should ensure that you have no cardiac conditions or issues which might have a bearing on treatment. You should not be on a group of medications called Nitrates. If after being initiated on treatment, you are happy with the erections but find that the ejaculation happens before you desire, you can try using drugs to your penis head to reduce the sensitivity as well as oral medication like dapoxetine which will help retard ejaculation. However these are prescription medications, and you will not be able to get them across the counter.
Hope I have been able to answer all your questions.