Experiencing episodes of pre syncope, feels like fainting, dizzy. Taking omeprazole. What could it be?

Cardiologist, Interventional

It is about 20 days that I am experiencing some episodes of pre-syncope, i feel like i am fainting, very dizzy, strange feeling on my chest,shoulders arms and legs. Anyway, my heart seems to be ok, even if i have a mild mitral valve prolapse, but i want to check if everything is ok. I need to address even the slightest deficiency. Can you please help me with my blood tests? I was taking omeprazole 20 mg any other day for about one year. So i thought i could have some vitamin, mineral, deficiencies. I have acid reflux.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Reports look fine, get cardiac evaluation

Detailed Answer:

Your blood reports looks fine. Generally using long term PPIs can cause Iron and Vit B12 deficiency but both of them look normal.

Now to rule out cardiac cause as reason for your symptoms, please get an Echocardiogram and TMT (Tread Mill Test) done.

Also, I would like to know your age and any other chronic illness. Please get back to me with further details.
Follow-up: Experiencing episodes of pre syncope, feels like fainting, dizzy. Taking omeprazole. What could it be? 2 hours later

Thanks for reply. I had a stress test on tread mill. I have attached everything.
Can we exclude a silent cardiac ischemia?
I am 36 yo. And i dont have illness, beside these episode when i feel lightheaded, with tachicardya and strange feeling in my arms, shoulders and hands.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 43 hours later
Brief Answer:
No unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Looking at overall reports you seem to be unlikely to have any cardiac ischemia.

To me, the symptoms seem to me to be part of generalised anxiety. Manage your stress that should take care of everything.