Experiencing electric shock feeling in fingers. Which specialist should I consult?

In the past few months, I have experienced electrical shocks (5 times) including yesterday and today in my left finger tips on my index, middle and ring finger. It just pops up and the pain is awful . It only last for 5 to 10 seconds. The only way to make it subside is to push my fingers backwards and squeeze them until the pain stops. What kind of physician should I see for this condition? I also have pins and needles feeling running down my right arm from elbow to finger tips
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 39 minutes later
Hi and thanks for your query,
The symptoms you are called parasthesias and usually associated with disease of the peripheral nerves (either compressions or irritations called peripheral neuropathy).
I suggest you make an appointment with A NEUROLOGIST. He shall be of great help. Treatment ranges form prescription vitamin complexes, ions, steroids, non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, at times tricyclic anti depressants and at times might necessitate surgery depending in the cause.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.