Experiencing dull headache and buzzing noise in head. What is the problem?

Nov 2013

I am getting a sort of squelching noise in my head, especially when I turn it. I have a dull head ache but nothing serious. I have had it for about 4 weeks now. It is not Tinnitus.
It is hard to describe the actual noise; squelch or a little buzz - a short buzz! It doesnt happen every time I move my head.
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms are not suggestive of any serious brain disease.

There is no brain disease, where sound can be produced on head movements.

The most likely cause in your case is likely to be external. This could be from bones connecting the head to neck region- cranio-vertebral junction.

As of now, you can wait and watch. If symptoms persist, you could consult a doctor and get an X-Ray done.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any additional queries, if you have.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist