Experiencing dry and tight throat. Suffered panic attack. Related?

Hi. For the last few days I have been experiencing this very strange sensation in my throat. My throat is dry and tight. I I suffered a panic attack last week. It really scared me. Do you think its all connected? How can I stop it?
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Tightness in the throat with a feeling of dryness can be one of the many symptoms of Panic attack. However, there are some other causes as well, like dehydration, pharyngitis etc to be excluded based on physical examination.

If this is related to panic attack you can get some help with measures like getting enough sleep, being physically more active, taking good amount of water so that the throat does not remain dry and get some counselling with your family practitioner to deal with stress.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.