Experiencing dizziness when bending, coughing with phlegm. On indapamide for blood pressure. What to do?

Dec 2012

Experiencing dizziness when bending over and vertigo when going to bed, and dizziness upon arising.
Also have coughing when going to bed which seems caused by phlegm, but only occasionally is there enough to spit out . My appointment was cancelled due to the High River AB flood and I have been unable to reach my doctor as the office has been condemned. Age 69, weight 165, height 5'8". On indapamide for blood pressure. 1.25 mg.
cmestirrat@ WWW.WWWW.WW Thank you.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

From your description you might be suffering from benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) which is an affection that does not have a specific cause but it arises as result of abnormal movement of fluids in the XXXXXXX ear.
Generally infection might be the onset of this and you might be experiencing the dizziness as a result of your lung infection since you mentioned that you are coughing with phlegm. From the look of things, you will definitely need to see a doctor or if you can get OTC antituissive which can give you temporary relief from cough (as you will require proper treatment for the cough, with probable antibiotics).
It is also possible, that you might be experiencing a complication of your hypertension (less likely if your BP is under control).
There is not much you can do from home in order to remedy the vertigo, so you will have to go the hospital for proper check up.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask and accept my answer.

Dr. Nsah