Experiencing dizziness and tired. How to get relief?

Good morning. I've been experiencing dizziness (no nausea) and have been very tired for the past couple of weeks. No recent illness. Dizziness began after returning from a camping trip. No insect or tick bites.
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs life style modification. Evaluation required

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Good morning XXXXX

There are lot of causes for dizziness and feeling tired. Based on your presentation I like to exclude the following frequent causes and its management.

1. Generalized weakness: Due to camping, you might have had more physical work, dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. This might have caused your symptoms.
So have good hydration.Tender coconut, banana or ORS solution will be good to replenish the electrolytes if any imbalance. With this have only required calories of food distributed through out the day. Eat low fat diet, have more of veggies and fruits. Regular every day out door exercise for minimum 30 minutes is required. These will help you.

The other causes are drugs and illness
2. Drugs: If you are taking any drugs like diuretics, beta blockers then they can also cause these symptoms. If you are taking any drugs let me know to whether that is the cause.

3. Illness: Since you told no recent illness, no bites or any problem I like to exclude this cause. But get checked for your BP, complete haemogram, lipid profile and blood sugar tests once to rule out any medical cause.

Be stress free, do relaxing techniques like yoga, pranayama etc.Keep monitoring your blood sugar,BP and lipid levels (Since over weight) and weight reduction is required.

So in nutshell: Life style modifications (Have balanced diet, good hydration and regular out door exercises) and blood investigation is required. If symptoms increases then consult your doctor for general examination once.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.

Wish you a very happy life and good health.