Experiencing dizziness and started vomiting. Any suggestion?

Nov 2013

I am a normally healthy 38 year old woman. Lately I have been vomiting and dizzy. This afternoon I am experiencing dizziness and my tongue feels as though I have pop rock candies on it. Any suggestions on what this might be?? Thanks for any help.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your symptoms could be peripheral vertigo. This is due to minor dysfunction of labyrinthine system (ear-related).

Symptoms are self limiting and would resolve in a few days.

For the time being, you may take betahistine tablets to relieve dizziness and ondansetron tablets for nausea.

Wining you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist