Experiencing discomfort while sitting due to anal burning. Applied soframicyne but no use. Suggest?

Hello Doctor, I am XXXXX from mathura, India. from last few day I am experiencing discomfort while sitting due to unbearable anal burning. I applied soframicyne but of no use. The problem becomes more drastic when I have to work in humid weather as this causes lots of sweat. Kindly prescribe me some cream or medicine.

Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 10 minutes later

I read your query with diligence.

You probably have an external hemorrhoid or piles, or an anal fissure. This is very painful and restricts your daily activities. I empathize with your concern.

In such case, soframycin does not work. You need to use Dobesil ointment locally or even use the capsule calcium Dobesilate orally. Use the ointment twice daily for new week and check the progress.

Along with this, you could use lidocaine local ointment to get relief from the discomfort and pain. This you can use in the noon, and half an hour before passing stools.

For permanent cure, you need to get it removed surgically by a surgeon.

Hope this helps.