Experiencing discomfort in testicle. Noticed small lump and feels tender to touch. Suggest?

ive been experiencing discomfort in my left testicle the past 3 days. it only hurts when I touch it directly and I noticed a small bump today during a self examination. its tender to the touch. I had a similar experience with this a year ago. any thoughts? thank you in advance for your help.
(I also am a hypochondriac and find it difficult to discern if something is an emergency or anxiety.)

Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
welcome to health care magic
i read your mail with diligence
there are many causes for testicular pain and swelling , in these most common in your age group being varicocele.
so you consult a surgeon and evaluate further.
thank you. ,
Follow-up: Experiencing discomfort in testicle. Noticed small lump and feels tender to touch. Suggest? 9 hours later
Thank you for your response. The pain in my left testicle has subsided. Should I worry about the bump on it?
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 46 minutes later
You have not mentioned whether the bump is superficial on the skin or is it deep.
If it is on the skin you have to contact a dermatologist for evaluation.
If it's deep you consult a surgeon for evaluation.