Experiencing discomfort in penis during urination. Could this be UTI, STD or gall stones?

Over the last day I have experianced some discomfort at the top half of my penis during urination and then its gone . happend a couple times . I have never had a std or any isssues like this . Could it be UTI,STD or Gaul stones???
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 20 minutes later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and considerations.

There are several possible causes of the symptoms which you are experiencing. One possible consideration would be a sexually transmitted infection. This can sometimes cause pain or discomfort especially with urination. Another possible cause would be Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria and can also cause pain with urination. Probably the easiest way to if I wait for this would be to have a screening in violation for sexual transmitted diseases as well as a urinalysis with urine culture. This will help your physicians identify the possible cause of your symptoms And provide appropriate treatment.

We would not expect gallstones to cause these symptoms. Perhaps kidney stones might contribute to this but you would have much more significant pain.

Thank you again for sending a question. Please let us know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga
Follow-up: Experiencing discomfort in penis during urination. Could this be UTI, STD or gall stones? 38 minutes later
Thank you for your response. I should also tell you that their is No dicharge or discoloration of penis and my urin is clear. If it is a Uti or Std is it curable ? Will it return? Can it be elliminated from system with Medication? What are the conciquences long term?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 12 hours later
Hello and thank you for your question.

Even without discharge or discoloration there still could be infection. This is why it is important to have a screening test done.urinary tract infection or bacterial Sexually transmitted infection includes antibiotics.

Or for a long time if infection is not treated it might cause more significant symptoms which is why it is very important to obtain proper screening and treatment. I would not wait to have this done.

Dr. Galamaga