Experiencing discomfort in abdomen below rib cage. Cat scan and endoscopy normal but BP dropping. Advise?

Hi Dr. I've been experiencing low grade discomfort in my upper abdomen on the left side below the rib cage. Its worst when i'm sitting at my computer at work it pretty much goes away when I lie flat. I've had a cat scan and endoscopy and both came out clean. Recently my blood pressure has been dropping last week I ended up in the ER with BP of 88 over66. They had me stop taking my BP med lisinopril but my blood pressure is still low in the 105 range. Along with my upper abdomen pain I have experienced intermitten muscle pain in my pecs, back and arms.
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Appears to be musculoskeltal pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It appears to be musculoskeltal pain as:
1.It becomes worse in sitting position and relieves on lying done
2. Also CT abdomen and endoscopy were normal
3.Presence of intermittent pain in back and arms

So for this take an analgesic like acelofenac along with muscle relaxant like metaxolne or tizanidine and may apply local acting analgesic ointment like voilini gel. Avoid antihypertensive and monitor blood pressure regularly. In case it is increased then you may restart it

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.