Experiencing cold and cough frequently. What is the natural way to increase the immunity of the body?

Allergist and Immunologist
Question
My immunity is not good. I have cold more often. It starts from sneezing and then running nose. It ends up in blocking respiratory and I feel headache. It also increase the cough in body. Sometime I feels suffocating because of this. Once it happens then I takes around 15 days to recover from it fully. Sometime I take cetezine when I sneeze more often and I don't take any other medicine. Please give some advice to increase the immunity in natural way.
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Asthma and Allergy

Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Likely house dust mite allergy Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare Magic. From the symptoms you describe - recurrent colds, sneezing, runny nose, nasal blockage, headache likely sinusitis, cough - it is likely you suffer from allergies, and the commonest type is house dust mite/cockroach allergy in India. You may have multiple allergies, i.e., to grass and tree pollens, depending on how long you have these symptoms. Initially there may be a seasonal pattern, but soon the symptoms happen daily it is called perennial rhinitis or rhinosinusitis. The following tests are recommended: Complete hemogram Biochemical profile IgE levels Allergy aeroallergen profile, TSH, Vit D3 levels, IgA levels & Pulmonary function tests A combination of long acting antihistamines, Nasonex nasal spray and correct choice of inhalers with Montelukast at night is the optial medical therapy. Immunotherapy can be considered only after the allergen profile is available. Best Wishes.

Follow-up: Experiencing cold and cough frequently. What is the natural way to increase the immunity of the body? 1 hour later
I have question: If the cause is found for the allergy. Then there will treatment to reduce the allergic effect or I will have to be cautions from the thing which are causing the allergy?

Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Immunotherapy provides long lasting solution Detailed Answer: Yes, immunotherapy provides a way to reduce how the body recognises allergens and ultimately reduces the allergic response/reactions. Avoidance plus medical treatment definitely helps. Best Wishes.

Is there any known adverse effect of immunotherapy? I had the allergy test in 2010. It was found that I have allergy with Congress Grass and Some flying insect which looks like Butterfly. Can these allergy subside with time?

Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Avoidance measures work to an extent Detailed Answer: Yes, depending on the type of immunotherapy there are side effects. Subcutaneous injection immunotherapy has different side effets than oral or sublingual immunotherapy But as long as this is given by trained Allergists, you are safe. I would repeat the allergy tests if house dust mite or cockroach was not done at the time. If this is mild Parthenium or flying insect, go only for medical treatment and not immunotherapy. Best Wishes.