Experiencing chills and body feels hot. Take vyvanse. Feeling nausea and vomiting. Had swelling and redness due to spider bite. Suggest

Hi I am experiencing chills and my body feels hot . I was out late last night and had a lot to drink . I'm 27 yrs old and a male . I take vyvanse regularly to treat ADHD. I also felt nausea but did not vomit . I had some XXXXXXX noodles this morning that had steak in it and it was spicy . My Bowel movements are normal. I didn't sleep much last night and hydrated plenty this morning . I also take a daily vitamin and worked out yesterday as well . Don't know if this is relevant but I was bitten on the ventral aspect of my foot by what I think was a spider . This was a week ago there was swelling and redness but I didn't feel any systemic effects . Please give me ur opinion , my diet has been fluctuating lately as well going from poor to good and back to poor/
Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 2 hours later

The current symptoms do not seem to be related to the spider bite. The symptoms that you described like nausea after drink and poor appetite are not attributed to any disease. So do not worry. Keep me informed if you do not feel better soon.

If swelling and redness is still present at the site of spider bite then you need antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines.

In the interim, just try to regularize your daily routine and avoid drinks. Exercise may help you to increase appetite.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Experiencing chills and body feels hot. Take vyvanse. Feeling nausea and vomiting. Had swelling and redness due to spider bite. Suggest 16 minutes later
Hi I ended up going to the emergency room because the bite started to itch and hurt and I started to feel chest tightness and difficulty swallowing . The ER doc thought it was MRSA , lanced it and squeezed out whatever was inside . Also did a EKG and that was normal . My nervous system symptoms have gotten better since and he gave me Keflex and Bactrim to take . I still have sweats but taking ibuprofen to help with the body ache chills . Does this seem like it was proper course of action ? I am to follow up with them In 3 days
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 5 hours later

Thanks for reply.

Yes,you have been treated properly.
What you need is to continue the course of medicines as advised.It will take some time to get relief from infection that you have at the site of bite.

Hope this answers your query.
Thank you.