Experiencing chest pain, shortness of breath, pain under ribs, sore stomach and cold. Suggestions

I am 36, F, 117 lbs. I have recently recovered from Bulimia. I have been b/p free for six weeks. I eat lots of fruits and vegetables, take a multi vitamin along with a curcumin supplement. I have been experiencing pain under my ribs. My stomach is sore to touch. The region near the diaphragm is tender and sore. I have been feeling cold (it is minus celsius degrees in Ohio)..but I am concerned. I also have chest pain and shortness of breath. I am going to see a doctor next week, but a little help would be appreciated.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rule out respiratory infection? Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for your query and congratulations on your success over your eating disorder, keep it up! Now, the symptoms you are experiencing, subcostal pain, cold, shortness of breath and chest discomfort can be seen in a variety of conditions, but one that has to be ruled out is that of a respiratory infection, such as a pneumonia of the base of the lung which can present in that way. Therefore, it would be prudent to be seen and examined as soon as possible; a chest x ray and some basic lab work such as a CBC may be indicated. Hopefully, your doctor could get you in sooner than next week, I am sure he could once you explain the situation and concerns. Hope this is helpful, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN