Experiencing chest pain radiating to arms and shoulders with facial pain. ECG, blood test and X-ray normal. Cause?

Dec 2012

I have been experiencing chest pain over the last 4 weeks mainly at first on the right side, I would describe it as a non severe aching feeling that last about 20-30 seconds . More recently it seems to be radiating down my right arm and shoulder and occasionally I have felt similar pain on the right side. A few times I have also felt a brief 'stitch' like pain. I had an ECG bloods and a chest X ra y and all came back clear but the pain is still present. I should also say that I suffer from O.C.D which has gotten a little worse lately. I also suffer from Atypical facial pain. Please help I'm so worried it is cardiac related. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Well I do not think it is cardiac related

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

The mere fact that the pain is mostly on the right side is indication that it is unlikely due to heart condition. Costochondritis or pleurisy might or liver diseases maybe the most likely cause of your throbbing mild-moderate pain. To me, I will investigate further on costochondritis.
I believe with just one pain killer or antiinflammatory associated to tricyclic antidepressants (and I see that you are already on one already that means dose adjustment might be required) you will feel a little better. Just pay a visit to your primary care doctor so you can be examined.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah