Experiencing chest pain and real burning sensation while walking. Blood pressure normal. What could be the cause?

Experience chest pain while walking (not fast) and or climbing only a few steps. If I exercise more vigoursly like a stationary bike, it doesn't bother me. My mother had a hiatai hernia and I rememvber sher going to hosp. becasuse all thought it was a heart attack, It wasn.\'t. I went thru all the tests a few years ago and recently had some scans which were all negetive. I'm 72, 6'1', 190 lbs,, reasonably good health. But keep getting pain in chest, a real burning sensation. I had vocal chord cancer 10 yrs ago, radiation etc. Dr wants to keep inflamation in my throat to a minimum and prescribes ?? delenex, ?? for acid reflux. I think it probably works well, especially if it's a hiatal hernia. I say that because the prescrition is a littl pricey and have not refilled for about 30 days. So I think theis might be my problem. Any thpoughts?? Thanks XXXXX blood pressur has always been normal and even good. Very active, currently walking daily
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
.Consider ECG, Echocariogram and Holter moniter.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

Yes, it can be due to inadequate intake of medicines.
But, I advise you not to neglect any cheat pain.
It can be an emergency and life threatening.
If you are my patient, I would start with physical examination.
As you have chest pain, I will first rule out any Myocardial infarction or Angina in heart.

If your Blood pressure and Pulse are abnormal, Then I would do Electrocardiogram and Echocardiogram.
Then i would refer you cardiologist for Holter monitor and further management.

If the Electrocardiogram and other investigations are normal, I would give either H2 blocker or Proton pump inhibitors like pantaprazole.
If the symptom improves, then i would ask you continue the drug.
I will refer you for Upper Gastro intestinal endoscopy to detect any hiatal hernia or ulcers or erosion in Oesophagus, stomach or duodenum.
Then i would will treat you accordingly.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.