Experiencing chest pain. Suggested due to stress. Treatment?

I have experiencing a sort of chest pain, mainly on the center and right side of my chest. This pain would be more acute during the morning hours when I wake up and sometimes during the day too, but the intensity is less. Have visited a cardiologist to get the reasons behind this and he assured its not due to gastritis and/or acidity because I wont have any sort of burning sensations after a food or something. He insisted it be due to stress. But there is a very good work life balance for me and it cannot be work pressure. So I am not convinced with his answers, so could you please get the reasons and suggested treatments and/or any other suggestions you have?
I have fruits and dry fruits in my daily diet. I am a vegetarian. Aged about 28 years; Height-5ft 7inch; Weight-67kgs.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 22 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Heart disease is unlikely in view of the nature of pain, your age and personal history...

Ideal option will be to get yourself investigated – more to exclude than conclude several possibilities...
An exercise ECG and ECHOcardiogram will rule out heart disease
An endoscopy will rule out problems of stomach (like Hiatus Hernia) and food pipe...
An X-ray chest and spirometry (Pulmonary Function Test) will rule out lung problems (like mild asthma) ...especially because it is felt in the mornings...

Muscle spasm from posture, work and/or stress is likely to be responsible – even though one may feel otherwise... Psychological assessment can rule it out (Seeing a Psychiatrist does not mean a mental problem –no more than seeing a cardiologist meaning a heart problem – the issue is elimination...!)

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Experiencing chest pain. Suggested due to stress. Treatment? 42 hours later
Thank you Doctor. I missed to state one more point in my query. Whenever I feel that acute pain in the middle of my chest, I stretch out and/or rub at that place sometimes and to my surprise the pain goes of. Sometimes when I stretch my chest I can hear a small noise similar to the one which we hear when stretch our fingers. What could be the reason?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 1 hour later

Pain that goes off on stretching or rubbing that point is typical of skeletal muscle pain – muscles of the chest wall...So is the small noise – twitching or movement below the skin...
Try paracetamol and muscle relaxant / all will be well...

All the best