Experiencing chest congestion, difficulty in breathing and increase in heartbeat. Also have headache and vomiting. Remedy?

Hello Doctor,
This is XXXXX here from Timken.

I have been experiencing chest congestion kind of thing very often. I don’t know it’s because of acidity or some other reason. Every now and then I feel all the food is just checked up in my chest region and I feel a slight difficulty in breathing and increase in heartbeat. sometimes headache and vomit.. after the vomit I feel congestion is reduced .Because of this I stopped eating non veg and also started going to gym. But I still experience congestion right after I eat my food.

Could you please help me out with the reason and solution for the same
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acid peptic disease

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms you have are typically seen in acid peptic disease which could be in the form of hyperacidity or irregular acid release. This causes indigestion and delayed transit time of the food in the stomach. The food do not pass down soon leading to pressure in the chest and other associated symptoms.

I suggest you to take a course of antacids like Tab PRILOSEC OTC one early in the morning before breakfast for a week. This will solve your problem for sure.

Do avoid oily and spicy foods, also do take fiber supplements like ISOBGOL powder one spoon taken in a glass of milk or water in the night after food.

Hope, I answered your query.