Ask a Urologist   »  

Experiencing burning sensation on penis and noticed blisters on it after sexual intercourse. Solution?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a burning sensation on my peniss tip for past one week before that for two weeks I had blisters on my inner penniss shaft. This all started after sexual intercourse but it happened to me for the first time..constantly I have an urge to scratch my peniss tip..please give me solution urgently
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Gourav Monga 47 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome to health care magic and thanks for your query.

I can understand what you are going through and I appreciate your effort to seek online support.
First of all, Blisters on the shaft of penis can be due to the following reasons-

1)Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)- Genital herpes, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea etc. However the most important cause of such blisters is Genital herpes. In such cases topical or oral acyclovir (antivirals) is the drug of choice.

2)Allergic phenomenon (Contact dermatitis) - It can be due to allergic reactions for which anti-allergic medication is required. Urge to scratch points towards allergic etiology.

The above causes may also cause Burning sensation in penis.

Secondly, since you are having history of tonsillitis, it might be that you are suffering from UTI (allergy to latex condoms, candida infection etc. You may require some investigations like urine culture and complete blood counts etc & some antibiotics.

I advise you to consult a qualified dermatologist/urologist for detailed work up and management.

Don’t worry and relax. Drink lot of water, maintain genital hygiene and take balanced diet. Since you are sexually active, do take your partner along for consultation as these diseases are sexually transmitted.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion, rate the answer and leave a review. Wish you good health.

Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist