Experiencing burning sensation in lower chest area and sore back. Having breathing difficulties. Cure?

hello, i am a 38 year old female smoker who has been in pretty good health lately, but around a fortnight ago i have been experiencing a burning pain in my right lower chest about at the bottom of my ribs it does not stop me from going about my daily activities, it just always seems to be there. .i have been having a bit of a sore lower back in the mornings when i wake up,( i think that might be as we have our 2 year old sleeping between us). I am very scared this pain, it almost feels like its in my lung, but i have no other breathing difficulties or symptons, no colds or cough
I am fearing the worst thinking its lung cancer, can you please offer your opinion.
Thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 2 hours later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having right lower chest pain since a fortnight. You had a past history of bronchitis and you are an active smoker.

2. A detailed evaluation is required and investigations include chest Xray and pulmonary function tests. You need to get evaluated with a Pulmonologist. Being a smoker places you at a risk of COPD also. Only after investigations will the cause of chest pain be clearer.

3. Meanwhile you may take analgesic and antacid medications in consultation with your doctor for symptomatic relief.

4. Also do remember its never too late to quit smoking!

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist