Experiencing burning pain in chest. Is this any heart related disease?

General Surgeon
I am 26 years old. From the last week I am experiencing a burning pain in the left side of my chest.. Sometimes it feel like a big rock is kept on by chest... I have no trouble in working, gym or sleeping... Sometimes I feel my left hand bit num. What can be the reason for this, is it a heart disease or heart burn, I usually eat a lot of spicy food and bread, and until last week it was only once once or twice a day... Last week I visited my doctor and he told I am at the prehypertension zone. Didn't take the pain seriously as it was a very small one. So didn't do any test on that....
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms like chest pain should be always checked with heart condition as it can be a symptom of heart ischemia or arrhythmia. Other possible reasons are acid reflux, spine problems (you are very young so this is less probable), simple test: flex your wrist gently as much as possible and keep it for a minute, if any pain or numbness in the finger appears, carpal tunnel it is).
It is advisable for you to have heart ECG, 24 hours Holters ECG, stress test, abdominal ultrasound and upper GI endoscopy.
If heart problem is ruled out, endoscopy will tell if there is any peptic ulcer, Helicobacter Pylori infection which should be treated with antibiotics.
In a meanwhile you should avoid coffee, chocolate, soft drinks, fatty foods. Drink more mineral water.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.