Experiencing blurred vision, tightness, swelling and watering in eyes after combined glaucoma and cataract operation. Concerned

I had combined glaucoma and cataract operation about 10 weeks ago. Am still experiencing discomfort llike tightness of the eye, swelling and watering and blurred vision. When I wear my specs I feel ok. Is this common and can I travel by air soon? I am due to visit my son in Qatar on the 7th of November. Is using the computer harmful to the eyes? Pl reply asap.
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

The symptoms you are describing are worrisome in my opinion. I think you need to see your physician as soon as possible for a comprehensive evaluation and examination. Sometimes if there is increasing pressure in the eyes it can cause some of the symptoms that you are describing. At this point after surgery I would expect that your symptoms should be almost completely resolved. The fact that you still have these symptoms is concerning and that is why would like you to see your doctor.

I definitely would like to see you have an evaluation prior to you going on I will extended Trip via airplane. There may be a procedure or possibly a medication which may benefit your symptoms.

Regarding using the computer this should be fine at this time.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Robert