Experiencing bloating, headaches, abdominal pain and weight gain. HPT negative. What is going on?

General Surgeon
Hello. I am 31 year old female. I am experiencing severe bloating, frequent headaches, left abdominal pain that wraps back to my hip and lower left back, more tired than usual even after a good nights rest and appears some weight gain with increased thirst. What could be going on? My primary doctor can't see me for two weeks. Thank you. I took a pregnancy test but it was negative. It is however 7 days before my expected period.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 23 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Left abdominal pain which radiates to the hip and back can be caused by urinary tract stones, inguinal hernia, spine disc herniation.

Severe bloating, headaches and tiredness can appear due to low hemoglobin level, thyroid diseases, depression.

Bloating can be also a result of bad diet (fatty foods, low fiber intake), chronic bacterial infection, aerophagia (due to chewing gum, drinking carbonated drinks, fast eating).

With urinary tract infection you should notice frequent urinating and burning while urinating.
Inguinal hernia should give a lump in the groin, the pain aggravates while standing and coughing.
Spine disc herniation can be checked with Laseques sign (you can check it at home, see here WWW.WWWW.WW .

Thyroid disease should also give sensitive to cold temperature, constipation, weight gain, dry, rough skin, hair thickening and hair loss.

Chronic bacterial infection can also cause bad smelling gases.

I suggest you to have some tests performed. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, thyroid tests, urine analysis and stool tests should be done at first.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.