Experiencing blindness for some time. Having tinnitus and glands are swollen. Sleeping all day due to tiredness. Treatment?

Ophthalmologist
Question
I am having blindness for a few seconds. I have consulted a doctor but it has been informed that when the light goes off or flickers you hardly can see anything. But it is continuing and it has happened day before yesterday also. May I know the reason.

I have Tinnitus and my glands appear swollen. Besides I get tired at times and feel like sleeping all day.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 30 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
You have to have a complete eye checkup,just to rule out any existing defect.Your dark patches on the skin appear to be some type of sub cutaneus bleed which takes few days to absorb and may not have a bearing on the eye problem.
Have a normal balanced diet and activity and have a basiceye examination and have a healthy lifestyle and you will be fine.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Experiencing blindness for some time. Having tinnitus and glands are swollen. Sleeping all day due to tiredness. Treatment? 23 hours later
Dear Sir,

Thank You for the help. I will have an eye check up.
How can these sub cutaneus bleed stop. What all tests are reqd to ascertain these. Is there any medication for that. Does it have to do with the platelet count. My platelet count was 165,000 during XXXXXXX this year.

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 hours later
My Dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
Your platelets were absolutely normal,so you do not have to worry about them.