Experiencing belly-button pain. Feeling discomfort, bloated and pressure along navel area. Worrisome

Hi. I am a 55-year old male in perfect health. I have been experiencing belly-button pain for the past month. I am aware of slight discomfort there all the time; it is pronounced if I push my belly button. I also feel bloated most of the time. I have not noticed any changes in my bowel movements, nor have I lost weight. I have noticed an increased urgency to urinate and have a very slow and inconsistent urine stream. I am aware of a general feeling of pressure along my right side from my navel area to my right testicle.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 52 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Answer is provided based on the information provided by you.

Your symptoms of belly button pain ,that means pain around umbilicus and bloating of abdomen could be because of gastritis.

For this i advice you to stop taking spicy food.Avoid alcohol and smoking.Drink lot of water and take antacids and proton-pump inhibitors which will relive your symptoms.This are all over the counter medications.

Next coming to your symptoms of urgency and symptoms related to micturation, it could be due to enlargement of prostate or may be stone in the kidney or urethra.

I advice you to consult a surgeon and get per-rectal examination done to rule out any prostatic enlargement and ultrasound to rule out stone in urinary tract.

Try conservative approach for gastritis as i advised , if you dont get better with this then consult your doctor.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care