Experiencing back pain. Always keep pillow behind while siting. Suggestions

Orthopaedic Surgeon

I am experiencing back pain since more than 2 years. But it goes away after rest. Its getting worse now a days, whole night I dont feel like relaxing In morning also i dont feel fresh and still back pains and pain increases gradually when at office. when I try to toch and apply a little pressure on my back embosed bones, it pains. My normal office hours are 9 but I need to stretch normally for 2 hrs daily. I also tried keeping a small pillow behind by back while sitting on chair at office but that also does not helps. Please advise.

Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 7 hours later
Hello friend,

I am Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi, I am Orthopaedic surgeon and spine specialist.

I have studied your case. It appears to be an occupation related problem.

This kind of pain is due compression of nerve due to spinal disc bulge. Nerve compression leads radiating pain, which aggravated on long time sitting in same particular position.

Do spine extension exercises,lying on your stomach lift leg,then lift only head and chest,do suryanamaskar[sun salutation]
Do stretches and rotation of all joints

Here are my other useful suggestions to you:
Avoid lifting weights
Sit with a support on your back.
Take break every half hour while at office. Try to do some stretches and joint movements
Continue spine extension exercises.

If the above do not help, you may need to see a Physiotherapist/yoga teacher
Check your vit B12 level and vit D3 level through blood test.
You may need to do X XXXXXXX spine and if needed, MRI spine.

Stress also increases back pain so I advice:
Get ample sleep, good amount of water and fluids .eat fresh fruits. Tackle stress at right time, don’t drive bike for long time,keep your body weight in normal range.