Experiencing anxiety, headache, loss of appetite and feeling nausea. Hepatitis B carrier. Suggest

Hey Ive been experiencing what i believe to be anxiety, for the past 2 weeks ive been having slight head aches everyday along with Loss of appetite but i still try to eat. ive been feeling nauseous in the morning right after i eat and it usually last all day until i used the bathroom. it seems that my stomach isn't digesting the food correctly and if i force myself to eat that night in the morning what i ate that night will come out. in the past two weeks ive went from 221lbs to 212lbs.
Now I feel it is anxiety because i am a Hepatitis B carrier and for those 2 weeks i have been worrying A LOT...First i was scared that i may have contracted HIV and and that i mistakenly infected my partner. But i got tested and i was Negative. Then i started to worry that i had infected my partner with Hep B but i didn't. And then i had been worrying that the cause of my symptoms i listed above were becuase my Hep B and that im be getting sicker but i called my gastroenerologist and he said those symptoms wern't the effect of what he diagnosed me with. so now my mind is relieved and not i am no longer having the worries and anxiety. But for some reasons my stomach is still feeling like my food isnt digesting right . My question is What do you think is wrong with me, and if my Anxiety is done how long to i have b4 these symptoms go away and i stop loosing weight. because it is worrying me that i have lost 10+ lbs in 2 weeks
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 hours later

From your history of hepataitis B and with these symptoms, there is a possibility that there is an active replication of the liver. You might be having an acute inflammation of the liver.

Hence I suggest you to get liver function tests done to know the status of the liver. Doing an HBe antigen and HBV DNA (QUANTITATIVE) will help us guide the activity of the virus and plan our treatment. It is better to consult a hepatologist for the same.
Anxiety can also cause loss of appetite but nausea and loss of weight with you being a hepatitis B carrier should always be evaluated first.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.