Experiencing ammonia smelling urine, pain in sides and nausea. Feeling anxious. What to do?

Hi I'm a 36 year old female and I'm experiencing ammonia smelling urine and dizziness pain in my sides, nausea on and off and tiredness.. I'm also feeling more anxious than normal... My doctor is taking my bloods next week but ive women up feeling bad again this morning with headaches on and off too... :-(
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:

You set of symptoms are falling into many possibilities. It would be good if you can narrate each symptom in chronological order from the first symptom that appeared. Are you sexually active?
Do you have any other medical problems like Thyroid issues, Depression?
Do you stay alone or have family and kids?
Did you do a home pregnancy test if you are sexually active?

While taking the blood let a urinalysis be done as well.

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Experiencing ammonia smelling urine, pain in sides and nausea. Feeling anxious. What to do? 3 hours later
HI... I am sexually active with my long term
Partner,, I have grown up children so not running around after them now!... I do have a history of depression and do take 20 mg citalapram and have done for 6 months..had regular cycle.
First symptom was headache and fatigue
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Avoid low mood state

Detailed Answer:

With the description given I have following possibilities to think of
1) If you have fever and body pains along with the above symptoms then we should consider urinary tract infection or related adnexal swelling
2) Trigger of depression - You might wonder how is this related to ammonia smell in the urine. It could be the medicines or a dis tractor for a low mood state. A state of low mood can cause any kind of symptom in a person. Tiredness, headache, Pain, unnatural senses etc.

Revision of medication is advised. At the same time try to find out the trigger for the low mood, try to elate the senses. Find a good gathering where you can spend sometime and forget the pain and other displeasures in life for few hours in a day. A lot of things can get actually work for you. Service, praying, meditation, yoga, cook special for your grown up, simple shopping, interact with neighbors. You can choose only one that interest.

Let me know about the blood result as well.