Experiencing acute pain in the lower rib with sneezing and coughing. Have lost weight. Suggest?

I've been experiencing acute pain in the lower part of my RIB for the past 5 months... Especially, while coughing, sneezing & while I wake up in the morning.
Also, during this period, I have lost atlest 3 ~4 kgs of weight.
Please suggest if this is normal or should I seek medical attention
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Pain below the ribs on the right side indicate inflammation in the gall bladder wherein there could be defect in fat digestion leading to weight loss.

I suggest you to get a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen to get the cause for the pain identified.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.