Experiencing abdominal pain and passing gas. What should be done to get relief?

I have been experiencing abdominal pain in the area of my belly button for the past 11. days. Tender if touched. Belly seems more distended then normal. Burping or passing of gas or bowel movements doesn't seem to give any relief. Can you give me any ideas? Eating doesn't seem to effect it.
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 16 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX I went through your history.
At this age and with the problems mentioned, it looks like there may be UMBILICAL HERNIA.
Careful examination of the abdomen is a must for diagnosis.
Consult a surgeon or surgical gastro-enterologist asap.
Hope this answers your query, kindly get back for doubts if any.