Experiencing abdominal pain. Cure?

General Surgeon
I am experiencing upper central abdominal pain, just in the middle at the base of my ribs. It comes in waves and started last Thursday 23/5 but is becoming more frequent (3-4 times an hour). It is a cramp like pain only felt in the front of my body spreads to stomach - it makes me feel hot and sweaty and worse if I eat so have not had much food in the last 2 days, not hungry and it does not make me feel like vomiting. It is now waking me at night. I am female, 51, no major health problems, no menopause and regular periods and bowel movements.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 41 minutes later
Upper central abdominal pain is modtly due to acidity.It can be Gastric ulcer or Duodenal ulcer.
Please take Rabeprazole tablet with the advice of your doctor.You need an Upper GI endoscope to confirm this.
You also need Ultrasound abdomen to ruleout Dicyclomine.
Please avoid Carbonated drinks,spicy foods, pain killers.
If you come back with above test reports,i will clarify further.
Wish you good health