Experiencing abdominal bloating. Taking clonidine and zanax. Can I get cured?

hello...i got off hydro and percs last year and about 2 months ago, weened myself off suboxone. i havent taken it in about 3 wks. the dr gave me clonidine and zanax (when needed) my stomach always feels bloated, like i finished a huge meal all the time. my dr isnt very informative...i had to ween myself off. i was wondering if this is a w/d symptom and if it is...will my bodygo back 2 where it was ? thank you so much for any help you can offer
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Symptoms of gastric irritation, abdominal bloating, and a few other gastric symptoms are commonly seen with drug withdrawal and should not be of much concern.

Of course your body will return to normal, and soon. All you need to do to speed that process up, is to build your will power and refrain from any temptations. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and keep yourself hydrated. Most individuals going through a drug withdrawal experience their symptoms for 3-5 days, whereas some individuals who had a more serious drug dependence can experience their withdrawal symptoms for as long as one to three weeks. Very rarely do the symptoms last longer than this.

I can understand your symptoms can make you uncomfortable, thus you could try consuming as much water as possible, this neutralizes the effect of acid in your stomach and also speak to your doctor about initiating a course of histamine-2 blockers which should help relieve your trouble.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be happy to help you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.