Experiencing abdomen pain above vagina, vagina feels dry, feel breast pin. Taking duphaston. Side effect?

Hi - From the last 3 weeks or so, I have been experiencing pain in my lower abdomen and just above my vagina. From the last few days, I have also been feeling a little discomfort in my vagina - which is the highest today - vagina feels dry . In addition, I can feel breast pain for the last 2 weeks - the pain was a bit bad in the first week, but, this week it has been moderate. I feel a little dull and get tired easily these days. What could be the reason? Is it because Duphaston is not suiting my body any more or is it something else? Please suggest.
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
High vaginal swab and urine culture to be done

Detailed Answer:
Hi ,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The Duphaston is micronized progesterone which can cause dryness of vagina but highly unlikely to cause pain locally.
You may be having a fatigue etc.
You should get a physical examination by a local gynecologist and get a high vaginal swab for Gram stain, and culture. A microscopy and culture test of urine is also advisable.
Treatment will depend on this work up, if no infection is detected then may be Duphaston can be held culprit.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.

Take Care!