Experiencing a tingling in big toe while urinating. What is causing this?

My husband is experiencing a tingling in his big toe while urinating, why?
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Tingling sensation in any part of the body, most of times will be due to weakness in the nerves or temporary blockade of the blood vessels supplying the nerves.

Many people experience such tingling when in a position which hampers the blood supply to the nerve.

Also I would assure you that the urination per say do not have any relation with the tingling unless its the position he takes is causing a temporary block in the blood supply to the big toe.

I suggest him to wear soft slippers all the time till he is sure that the symptom never recurred.If it continuous for long time then there would be need for a Doppler arterial scan which identifies such circulation disturbances.

Hope I answered your query.

Please come up with follow ups if any.