Experiencing a localized, recurring red bump on top of forearm. Any thoughts?

Good evening. For approximately the last year I have been experiencing a localized, recurring red bump on top of my left forearm, that spontaneously comes and goes within the span of approximately 10-15 minutes each time it shows up. I do not have any fever, or any other symptoms to speak of. My local GP says all of my blood work is fine, and it is likely just an allergy. What are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The bump which comes and goes is a form of allergy.It can be localized urticaria.
It can occur due to variety of causes ranging fro insect bite to contact allergy.
Whenever it occurs you can take antihistaminic like tab Zyrtec an apply calamine lotion over the area.

As long as you are comfortable with it no further investigations are required.
If you need any further clarification do let me know.