Experiencing a hyper manic episode. Getting intermittent calf pain. Should I go for check up?

I am a 46 year old woman, and I am experiencing a hyper manic episode. I am also in the process of withdrawing from alcohol. I am also getting intermittent calf pain in my right calf. Should I go to the ER?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
There is no way to predict how any individual will respond to quitting. If you plan to stop drinking and you have been drinking for years, or if you drink heavily when you do drink, or even if you drink moderately but frequently, you should consult a medical professional before going this.
Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness, feeling of shakiness, anxiety, irritability or easily excited and fatigue are some of the symptoms. Calf pain may be due to fatigue.
With the proper medical care, alcohol withdrawal symptoms can be greatly reduced or even eliminated. There are specific treatments available for anyone who wants to stop drinking, even after long-term, chronic alcohol abuse.
Even though this are mild symptoms and and i think you are trying to quit on your own, you might benefit from the encouragement and support but still i advice you to see physician at least once for examination as without examination it is difficult to exactly diagnose.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.