Experiences pain in chest while breathing. What could be the cause?

My wife experiences pain in her chest(right in the middle) while breathing. Please let us know what could be a reason or suggest a specialist we can to consult.
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

The commonest cause for chest pain is acid peptic disease. increased acidity in the stomach can lead to pain in the chest resulted by irritation of the esophagus and stomach by the stomach acid.

If chest pain is associated with breathlessness and excessive sweating then cardiac causes may have to be ruled out by getting an ECG.

Do consult your treating doctor get an ECG done, if normal then do consult a Gastroentrologist to get the acid peptic disease treated.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.